Many adults feel satisfied with their verbal communication, whereas their physical, emotional and sexual experiences leave an experience of non-fulfilment.
Detachment from one’s own body is often rooted in early childhood, at the pre-verbal stage or/and in the first sexual experiences.
This distancing may generate feelings of emptiness and emotional deficiency.
Dance Movement Therapy considers the human being as a whole for whom action, perception, emotion and cognition are part of the experience of the self.
We offer the client to broaden the possibilities of expression by creating a connection between the physical sensations of emotions and their spoken output
Why can therapy change your adult life
Nowadays, we know that psychological events leave marks on our body.
Neurosciences have confirmed the key role of the body in interacting with others.
Body psychotherapy acts at the junction between the mind and the body which are simultaneously taken care of.
It examines the body memory in order to retrace each patient’s history.
Certain mental processes are manifested bodily rather than verbally.
We then focus on those manifestations, their origin and meaning during the therapy
The aim of the therapy is for the client to spontaneously reconnect to his/her physical resources, improve his well-being and enjoy sexual health.
We help him/her access deep self-awareness, serenity and pleasure.
This therapeutic approach involves :
- Positioning and concentration to experience physical anatomy.
- Authentic movement technique to foster emotional and symbolic sharing.
- Movement translated into words, creating a coherence between intention and expression.
- Verbalization of movements and emotions in real time for a more fluid communication.
- Relaxation to nurture calm and fulfilment
Dance Movement Therapy
also impacts positively on
Cette forme de thérapie est également précieuse pour des adultes qui souffrent :
- Burn out
- Somatic symptoms
- Chronic pain
It is also effective in treating eating disorders, lack of self-esteem, couple related issues or child-parent issues.
This art of therapy helps patients calling :
- Gain insights into the meaning of their behavior
- Link between their physical expression with their life history
- Understand their emotions, sensations and memories
- Listening more closely to their body
- New awareness
- Broaden and improve social interactions
Benefits of Body psychotherapy
Body psychotherapy is beneficial for :
- Self body experience
- Emotional expression
Intimate relationships and sexuality
Moreover, the person adds more creativity to his/her life, feels more calm and pleasure in daily life.